Social Welfare Policy and Economic Justice

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New York Latinas Against Domestic Violence Present: 5th Annual Brides' March

Monday, September 26, 2005
The 5th Annual Brides; March is in honor of battered women who have been killed and to raise awareness about the high incidence of domestic violence in our communities.

Come Walk with Us!
GATHERING SITE: 251 Fort Washington Avenue (corner of 170th Street) Gather @ 9:00amMarch Begins @ 10:30am Sharp!

For more information please log onto our website at:www.nylatinasagainstdv.org or contactEvelyn Garcia at (718) 665-6051, Grace Perez at (212) 410-9080, Mireya Cruz at (212) 994-6060, Maria Lizardo at 212-882-8319.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger SWK 254 Understanding Diversity said…

    When will the fight stop! Seeing my people on the news and oppressed is so drainning. This march against domestic violence is a GOOD thing but at the same time it breaks my heart! I want to see Latinos RISE ABOVE the stero types and stigmas! I am tired of watching movies were my people are protrayed as gang members, house keepers, sweat shop workers, or students who don't care about their education. I know that is march is a GOOD cause once again but seeing this posted brings fear to me. I feel by other people groups seeing this march, are going to place an extra stigma on my people!
    ****Beatrice Perez****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home